Date and time:
August 17, 2013, 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 (or 3:00)
Citrus County Library, Coastal Region Branch
8619 W. Crystal St.
Crystal River, FL 34428-4468
Phone: (352) 795-3716
To RSVP go to our RSVP page.
We’ll spend the first half hour working with the beginners, going over the chords, and doing some beginner level songs. More experienced members are also welcome to participate in this part of the meeting (think of it as a warmup!), or they may use this time to socialize or just come half an hour later.
We’ll start with a couple of easy, warmup songs, then a couple of new songs, and a couple of challenge songs. If there is time left over we will play some songs from earlier meetings, so please bring at least the files for this month and last month, bring them all if you have them. Feel free to bring a song to share if you like.
If you don’t have a working printer at home, you can go to any branch location of the library and use one of their computers to print the files. You do have to become a library member (if you aren’t already) and printing is 15 cents per page.
Song List: (to download the songs go to our DOWNLOAD PAGE)
Here’s the Table of Contents for July’s meeting:
- When the Saints Go Marching In
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart
- I’m Just a Pilgrim
- Octopus’s Garden, revised version
- Swingin’ on a Star
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow
- Ain’t She Sweet
- Puff the Magic Dragon
- A Lesson on Strumming Patterns
List of things to bring:
- A printout of the pdf file with our songs for the day and it’s a good idea to bring all the songs from prior meetings so we can play some of the old ones again but at the very least bring this month and last month
- Ukulele and your Tuner (If you don’t have a ukulele yet, you can come and see what it’s all about and learn about the different ukuleles available to choose from.)
- Music Stand (Optional but nice to have. You can use a chair or bring a folding TV table to put your music on.)
- Song books The Daily Ukulele and The Daily Ukulele Leapyear Edition” (These are both popular with uke clubs, but entirely optional)
Our Web Sites: