Date and time:
July 20, 2013, 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 (or 3:00)
Citrus County Library, Coastal Region Branch
8619 W. Crystal St.
Crystal River, FL 34428-4468
Phone: (352) 795-3716
To RSVP go to our RSVP page.
We’ll spend the first half hour working with the beginners, going over the chords, and doing some beginner level songs. More experienced members are also welcome to participate in this part of the meeting (think of it as a warmup!), or they may use this time to socialize or just come half an hour later.
We’ll start with a couple of easy, warmup songs, then a couple of new songs, and a couple of challenge songs. If there is time left over we will play some songs from earlier meetings, so please bring at least the file from last month, bring them all if you have them. Feel free to bring a song to share if you like.
Song List: (to download the songs go to our DOWNLOAD PAGE)
- Here’s the Table of Contents for July’s meeting:
- I Walk The Line, Johnny Cash
- Folsom Prison Blues, Johnny Cash
- No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem, Kenny Chesney
- Stand By Me, by Ben E King, Key of C
- Octopus’s Garden, Beatles
- Stand By Me, Key of A (harder version but easier to sing)
- Puff the Magic Dragon
- A Lesson on Strumming Patterns
There is also a separate file for a Lesson on Chord Transitions, print that also and bring it if you’re interested in this discussion. If you don’t have a ukulele yet, there is also a file with ukulele shopping tips.
List of things to bring:
- A printout of the pdf file with our songs for the day and it’s a good idea to bring all the songs from prior meetings so we can play some of the old ones again
- Ukulele and your Tuner (If you don’t have a ukulele yet, you can come and see what it’s all about and learn about the different ukuleles available to choose from.)
- Music Stand (Optional but nice to have. You can use a chair or bring a folding TV table to put your music on.)
- Song books The Daily Ukulele and The Daily Ukulele Leapyear Edition” (These are both popular with uke clubs, but entirely optional)
Our Web Sites: